Sunday, September 16, 2007

God Bless You

Today, as i was riding back from lunch, i heard the loud and all too familiar sound of a tire popping. I turned and saw that this white car had taken a right turn too wide and hit the curb way too hard, popping the front left tire. He then continued up this incline where he could get out of the way of traffic. I decided to check and see if he needed any help, even though i figured he wouldn't.

I get there and it is an older man with a younger girl, presumably his daughter or grand daughter. I offer to help and he actually accepts my offer. Well, it turns out that it is a rental car from pretty far away and the wrench in the trunk doesn't actually fit the lug nuts. It also appeared the man had not changed many tires in his lifetime. So i proved to be of some use after all.

I made two short trips home to try and find tools in the garage of the house where i am staying. The first time i found a wrench that was too big, and the second time i found one that did not have a long enough handle to provide enough leverage. So, the gentleman handed me twenty bucks and i rode down to the local Kragen (same as a Checker Auto Parts) to purchase a brand new lug nut wrench.

Upon my return we were able to remove the tire and put on the spare. The man was very grateful and shook my hand and said "God bless you." Which was funny, because that is exactly how i was hoping God would use me, to be a blessing to him. Then we parted ways.

I felt like i needed a card or something, like that guy who helped out Landon and Aley when Landon's car broke down. But i think the fact that i helped out was enough. It was cool, my legs have been really sore from riding around everywhere, but the whole time i was helping him out i did not feel it one bit. Serving actually gives me fulfillment, and i am glad that God has put that in me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dude so tonight at ethos everything went really excellently. there was lots of power and Jesus mana there. did you get to see the whole thing? cause the link that you had sent got cut off. thanks for yo prayerz!

Unknown said...

That is walking in God. Like seeking and knocking and Him answering and you following. It's strange that we don't recognize it immediately. !!!!!!!!!!!!!we are starting the meeting now tttttyllll