Friday, September 7, 2007

You and Me

"You and me, we've seen everything to see, from Bangkok to Calgary. And the souls of your shoes are all worn down. The time for sleep is now, but it's nothing to cry about, cause we'll hold each other soon."

-Gibbard-


I know i cut out part at the end...but it will be okay...

I think this would be a very lovely thing to say to my wife as i am about to die. To think that we have spent our years traveling, and now that we are at the end we are still so close. That we can look forward to seeing one another in heaven; comforted by the fact that we have spent our lives dedicated to God, and that he has assured us with the promise that it won't end at death. Now, i know that marriage will not carry over into the afterlife, but it is reassuring to know that the relationship will be just as meaningful there, if not more meaningful because it will not be hindered by sex.


I hope to find a wife that i can traverse the globe with, sharing our love of Jesus Christ with others, and never tire of the relationship i have with her.

The image “http://farm1.static.flickr.com/44/106627962_a6fb05fd99.jpg?v=0” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

you know, I've really sort of forgotten what your post is conveying. that hope or something. not that it's lost or anything.
I'll explain later, but i noticed that i haven't talked to you about future wives in a while. and like cutting hair and aprons and stuff.
haha, i'll talk to you soon.

Unknown said...

dude yeah, serious apostleship! haha that made me really excited. dude i got to tell you about today, it was different and good and real and something super God ordained. how was west side today?

ashley. said...

whenever one of you guys mention the apron thing, i get freaked out because i remember that one of you jokingly, i'm sure, asked me to put on an apron once. ughhhh.

& kevin are you talking to me via comments or suzie? geeeeze.

& why do you think sex hinders marriage? or maybe just call me sometime.

suz said...

come eat corn bread and watch across the universe with me. i miss you more than you know. you'll find a good wife. no worry braddah.

Unknown said...

oh friend, i'm not sure you know the definition of schedule...WAIT TILL YOU SEE MY COLOR CODED RAINBOW MOST HIGH WEEKLY SCHEDULE IN THE WORLD. ill email it to you! hahahahhzhzahaha!

John said...

Found The Mrs. in the most unlikely way possible, in the most unlikely place possible, at the only time in my life when I was ready and prepared for it. Over a decade later, I love her more than the day we met.

These things happen when they happen, forcing them, well, not so much. That just leads to trouble.

Kevin Foward said...

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the advice.
Didn't you meet The Mrs. at a Star Trek convention?

ashley. said...

i will go absolutely anywhere with you.